Today (Wednesday) only, your tax-deductible donation to a classroom project at HMCRA will receive a 50% boost from DonorsChoose.org and the Gates Foundation! DonorsChoose.org is a fantastic charity that allows families to fund essential classroom supplies. Check out the awesome HMCRA classroom projects that need your help: https://www.donorschoose.org/school/harvey-milk-civil-right-acad/4416/?active=true. With this match opportunity, your $20 donation becomes $30, $50 becomes $75, and $100 becomes $150. Be a hero to a HMCRA classroom, and support our students and teachers today!
Congratulations on a great school Read-a-thon! Harvey Milk students logged over 95,000 minutes of reading in under two weeks and received 45 gift cards to local bookstores during our daily Read-a-thon raffles.
The Top Readers in each classroom received award certificates at today’s Morning Circle, and our Top 3 Reading Classes–Rooms 100, 202, and 205–will soon be receiving class prizes. Click on harveymilk.com/read-a-thon/ to see the full list of winners, and to see a video from Morning Circle click here!
We are especially grateful to these fantastic neighborhood bookstores for sponsoring our Read-a-thon raffle. Please help show our thanks by shopping local and supporting them with your patronage:
Thank you, Harvey Milk community!
In under 48 hours, we came together to fund 11 book projects at Harvey Milk for a total of 619 new books! Yes, nearly 40 generous donors funded $7600 worth of fantastic books that span all subjects—including sports, graphic novels, cultural diversity, phonics readers, Frogs and Toads, and Georges and Marthas. The shelves at Harvey Milk are now overflowing with books, and we are overflowing with gratitude. Thank you, donors, for your incredible support of literacy and reading at Harvey Milk!
Reading is fundamental, and the right books can make all the difference to a student’s education. On October 18th and 19th, DonorsChoose.org is matching all donations to book projects. With your gift, you can ensure that every shelf at Harvey Milk is brimming with books, and every student has the book that will light up his or her world!
Your donation to these inspiring book projects will be DOUBLED on October 18th and 19th:
- Ms. Kern (library) – Sports Books for Athletic-Minded Readers – FUNDED!
- Mr. Muratet (4th/5th) – Books that Resist and Persist – FUNDED!
- Mr. Muratet (4th/5th) – Engaged in Reading with Graphic Novels – FUNDED!
- Ms. Francis (1st) – Great Books for Amazing First-Graders – FUNDED!
- Ms. Francis (1st) – Give First-Graders Non-Fiction Books – FUNDED!
- Ms. Webb (1st) – Sing, Spell, Read, Write! – FUNDED!
- Ms. Webb (1st) – Sing, Spell, Read, Write! – Part 2 – FUNDED!
- Ms. Webb (1st) – Sing, Spell, Read, Write! – Part 3 – FUNDED!
- Ms. Webb (1st) – Sing, Spell, Read, Write! – Part 4 – FUNDED!
- Ms. Webb (1st) – Sing, Spell, Read, Write! – Part 5 – FUNDED!
- Mr. Swick (K) – The Snake Den Sees Themselves in the Books They Read – FUNDED!
Double your impact today, and thank you for supporting all of our enthusiastic bookworms at Harvey Milk!
The Annual Giving Campaign, the PFC’s biggest fundraiser of the year, kicked off this morning with a rousing sing-along led by Ms. Rhonda! We need your help to reach our goal of 100% family participation and $140,000 by December 31st.
Funds raised by the Annual Giving Campaign pay for music class with Ms. Rhonda, art and dance programs, outdoor science education, essential school staff, and other vital programs. Want to learn more about the campaign? Read our kick-off letter or visit harveymilksf.com. Thank you for supporting our school!