Mr Stewart will host THREE OPEN HOUSE dates at Harvey Milk for all Harvey Milk parents to tour:
- Wednesday, August 4th,
- Thursday, August 5th, and
- Friday, August 6th, daily from 5-6pm
- Please wear a mask (no parent will be admitted in the school without a mask)
- Please enter through the Collingwood Gate (on the hill) and please walk up the Rainbow stairs to the Harvey Milk Library to enter the building.
- There will be NO childcare, so students are welcome to attend, however NO CHILDCARE WILL BE PROVIDED
- Harvey Milk Educators are NOT expected to attend, classrooms are not open (classrooms are NOT prepared)
- Principal Stewart will have a short presentation about San Francisco Unified School District current guidance on masks and will try to answer questions as we walk through the building together.
Incoming Kindergarten families, we’re looking forward to welcoming your children to HMCRA in August. In the meantime, here’s a couple of summer playdates to help you get connected with our school community:
- Saturday, June 12 – 2pm, Christopher Playground
- Saturday, July 31 – 10am: Redwood Grove Playground, McLaren Park
We Are About to Kick Off!
Heroes are never alone, they band together! Our school has decided to take on blood cancer and our mission is to help find a cure. Be on the lookout for more information in the upcoming days as we kick-off our Hero Squad program on March 1!
By participating in Hero Squad, your student will learn about teamwork, bravery, social awareness, and will become part of a Squad that supports blood cancer patients, letting them know they are not alone. Hero Squad emphasizes the importance of social and emotional learning and gaining the experience of helping both children and adults in their fight against blood cancer right in our community.
Your student can get started early by visiting HeroSquad.org, and our schools webpage https://events.lls.org/pages/gba/Harvey-Milk-Civil-Rights-Academy-2021. Help your student develop goal-setting, self-motivation and organizational skills! Every hero needs a squad!
This is the last week to apply for San Francisco’s Public Schools.
If you have an incoming Kindergarten or 5th Grade student you MUST apply by Friday February 5, 2021.
We hope you enjoyed the Winter Holiday. Just a reminder, there is no school on Monday 1/4! School will resume on Tuesday, January 5.