Tuesday, October 5, 3:45pm
We are pleased to announce Rainbow Club will start back up again in person this year!
Join HMCRA Rainbow Club for art, games, and community!
1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, 3:45-4:30
First Meeting: October 5th
Meet Ms. Butler at the Collingwood Gate at 3:45
Open to all students of LGBTQ+ families, trans or non-binary students and allies!
Meetings will take place outdoors masked because there will be kids across grade levels. It will only be open to students this year (we will miss families!) unless we are doing a special project and Ms. Butler asks for volunteers.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Rainbow Clubs are Elementary School versions of a GSA (Gender Spectrum Alliance) used nationwide.
Thursday, September 9, 5:00-6:30pm
Back To School Night “TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK” will take place on Thursday, broadcast via zoom. HMCRA Educators will share grade-level expectations, then share a little about individual classes. Each grade level will provide Zoom Links by Monday, September 6th, 2021.
In addition to Back To School Night via Zoom, Principal Stewart will also open the school on two evenings for parents to tour and visit their child(ren)’s classroom(s) (children welcome). You may visit on one of the following dates:
- Tuesday, September 21st – 5:00 pm to 5:45 pm.
- Thursday, September 23rd – 5:00 pm to 5:45 pm.
Please join our Kindergarten Teachers Ms. V & Ms. Vashti for a Kindergarten Orientation on Thursday, August 12 from 5:00-6:00, via zoom.
Mr Stewart will host THREE OPEN HOUSE dates at Harvey Milk for all Harvey Milk parents to tour:
- Wednesday, August 4th,
- Thursday, August 5th, and
- Friday, August 6th, daily from 5-6pm
- Please wear a mask (no parent will be admitted in the school without a mask)
- Please enter through the Collingwood Gate (on the hill) and please walk up the Rainbow stairs to the Harvey Milk Library to enter the building.
- There will be NO childcare, so students are welcome to attend, however NO CHILDCARE WILL BE PROVIDED
- Harvey Milk Educators are NOT expected to attend, classrooms are not open (classrooms are NOT prepared)
- Principal Stewart will have a short presentation about San Francisco Unified School District current guidance on masks and will try to answer questions as we walk through the building together.
Incoming Kindergarten families, we’re looking forward to welcoming your children to HMCRA in August. In the meantime, here’s a couple of summer playdates to help you get connected with our school community:
- Saturday, June 12 – 2pm, Christopher Playground
- Saturday, July 31 – 10am: Redwood Grove Playground, McLaren Park
We Are About to Kick Off!
Heroes are never alone, they band together! Our school has decided to take on blood cancer and our mission is to help find a cure. Be on the lookout for more information in the upcoming days as we kick-off our Hero Squad program on March 1!
By participating in Hero Squad, your student will learn about teamwork, bravery, social awareness, and will become part of a Squad that supports blood cancer patients, letting them know they are not alone. Hero Squad emphasizes the importance of social and emotional learning and gaining the experience of helping both children and adults in their fight against blood cancer right in our community.
Your student can get started early by visiting HeroSquad.org, and our schools webpage https://events.lls.org/pages/gba/Harvey-Milk-Civil-Rights-Academy-2021. Help your student develop goal-setting, self-motivation and organizational skills! Every hero needs a squad!