The Harvey Milk PFC is you! We’re all members and there are no membership fees. Just show up to a PFC meeting.
The PFC is our Parent Teacher Organization (similar to a PTA). It has bylaws, an annual budget, a board of directors (parents and teachers), and committees. Our mission is to support the children and staff of Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy. In the 2018-19 academic year, we are budgeted to support:
- Salary support for a classroom teacher, a reading specialist, and tech educator
- Faculty professional development
- Visual arts, dance, and music enrichment
- Science classes at Mission Science Workshop
- Education Outside science program
- Classroom and library supplies
- Buses and transportation for field trips
- Funding for community events such as Movie Night, Halloween Party, and Spring Carnival
- Food and childcare for assemblies and meetings
- Fresh fruit for daily morning snack
To make all that happen, and share the work, we need every parent and teacher to get involved! It can be through volunteering, leadership, or financial gifts. Please come to our monthly PFC meetings to hear what’s going on and get involved. If you think something at Harvey Milk can be better, we need you to help us make it happen!
Harvey Milk Parent Faculty Club is an incorporated tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization with Tax ID 46-5672780.