Welcome to Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy! You’re about to join a great little school in San Francisco’s Castro neighborhood. The information on this page will help you ease into the new school year this Fall:
Sign Up for School Communication
- Sign up for our school’s email newsletter. You will receive a confirmation email – click the link inside. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any help. Read past newsletters here.
- Like our Harvey Milk Facebook page for frequent updates, reminders, and photos of the exciting things happening at our school.
- Follow our Twitter account @HarveyMilkSF.
- Add the school calendar to your Google Calendar.
Join Us at Upcoming Events
- Annual Spring Carnival: Saturday, April 21, 11am-4pm. We will host a special welcome for all of our new students and have information to share about the upcoming school year.
- Kindergarten Orientation: TBD, Cafeteria and Rooms 111 & 113
- Back to School Picnic: TBD, HMCRA School Yard
- First Day of School: Monday, August 20, 9:30am, HMCRA School Yard
- Back-to-School Night: TBD, Cafeteria and Classrooms
Get a Jump Start on Supporting Harvey Milk
- Fund crucial classroom supplies through our DonorsChoose.org page.
- Support the school through your everyday shopping at Amazon, Rainbow Grocery, Sports Basement, Mollie Stone’s, and other businesses! Learn about shopping for Harvey Milk.
- Learn about our community events and sign up to volunteer. Let us know about special skills or talents that might be helpful to the school by filling out this Google form.
Other Useful Resources
- Kindergarten FAQs
- Other FAQs
- Apply online for free and reduced meals.
- Sign up for online meal payments at www.mypaymentsplus.com. You will need your student’s ID number without the “HO” prefix—which can be found in the assignment letter from SFUSD.
- Be sure to check out the rest of our website, then email email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to meeting you!